Musings of the Technical Bard

A place for me to expound on the issues of the day, including my proposals for how to FIX CANADA.

Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.technicalbard.com and update your bookmarks.

02 November 2005

On Gomery

Since there is much raving about Gomery Report #1 in the blogosphere these days, I will pass on making any significant dig into the findings. Also because I haven't had time to review the report itself or watch much of the commentary.

But I will say this. While I think Gomery has done as good a job as he could, there simply weren't enough people willing to come forward with incriminating information - and the close-knit Librano family wouldn't flip on the Godfather or even the underbosses enough for us to seriously ask for prison time.

My other big complaint about Gomery's findings are that his mandate was too narrow. The reason for this started with Alan Cutler coming forward on questionable dealings by Finance with regard to Earnscliffe. Interesting how Paul Martin didn't even allow Gomery to look at that particular area...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home